Brittany Lewis

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Never Give Up

"If you want a thing bad enough, to go out and fight for it, work day and night for it, give up your time and your peace and your sleep for it... If gladly you’ll sweat for it, fret for it, plan for it....If you’ll simply go after that thing that you want, with all your capacity, strength and sagacity, faith, hope, and confidence, stern pertinacity...If neither cold poverty, famished and gaunt, nor sickness nor pain of body and brain can turn you away from the thing that you want, if dogged and grim you besiege and beset it- you'll get it."

Miss Delaware 2014 pageant! The abridged poem above has helped me through so many challenging moments in my life. Despite my gown arriving just moments before the evening gown competition and pulling my hamstring during preliminary talent...thanks to my AMAZING support circle I was still able to dance through the physical pain and mental anguish to showcase the best version of myself. God
has a plan, even if we can't always see it. 


http://www.missde.org/shop-miss-delaware/4585820839

http://www.gofundme.com/c9e7sg

No comments: